Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Strength

Recently, I have been finding out how incredibly weak I am. I have a real sense of trying to fool myself into believing that I am capable of doing things that I am not. Try imaging me with hammer in hand setting out to build a horse stall. Not possible. I am not that person. I hire people to do such tasks, because I have to.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness". 2 Cor 12:9. I have a difficult time with that Scripture. I like to see myself as strong and capable. But, the Lord has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty. 1 Cor 1:27 I guess that it really boils down to depending on the Lord for everything.

Weak and dependent on God. That is where the Lord would have me. And, that is where I choose to stay. Anywhere else is my own pride. And I really would rather see His strength instead of living a life fooling myself that I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment