Thursday, July 23, 2009

Transforming Grace

How you ever thought or believed that you are in the favor of God? Think for a moment, God saved you by His grace when you believed (if you are a Christian). And you cannot take credit for this; it is a gift from God. God has His eye on you and smiles desiring to give or provide for you through His grace.

Now, it has been explained that grace is God's unmerited favor. He looks upon you and smiles. His heart is toward you. You cannot earn His favor, love or goodwill toward you. It is simply His heart toward you.

He rescued me from the kingdom of darkness and transferred me into the Kingdom of His Son, who purchased my freedom and forgave my sins. I belong to Christ and I have become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun. By the grace of God, I am who I am.

It is by His grace that He has reached my innermost need of not being abandoned and has revealed that He is a God who never leaves or forsakes me. I lived in constant fear that if I did give someone my heart, that they would leave me. Alone and neglected. I am filled with His Spirit. I am the temple of the Holy Spirit. Accepted, embraced and loved. I simply cannot resist Him any more.

He can even bring good out of my bad.I know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose for them. Even when trials come, it is for my good. Remember Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego? They didn't pray to be rescued from the fire. They had faith or trust in God because they knew in whom they believed. He walked with them in the trial and they came out not smelling of fire. By His grace.

Nothing can separate me from the love of God. He is making in me the image of His Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment