Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Condition of My Heart

The Lord is always teaching me through the example of my wife. She has faith.

Recently she had been placed in a situation where she works which was very unfair to her. Without disclosing the details of the situation, I will say that my wife was unduly handed a situation where she had to unneccessarily sacrifice a very precious aspect of her life. Of course this bothered her. It bothered her to the point that she took the issue to the Lord and gave it to Him. She left it there, as well. She came to me yesterday and shared how the Lord worked the situation completely out for her.

A few weeks ago, my wife and I were walking and she was sharing how she 'wished' that she had a riding partner for she and her horse. We have an Arabian mare that we rescued and Liz enjoys taking her out for a walk through the beautiful woods of South Carolina. But, my wife is a people person. She was alone in this and desired to ride with a friend. Again, she let the Lord know of her need (or desire). The result was that a riding friend showed up at our door and she is exactly who Liz relates to; a teenager! (We have been Youth Pastors for years).

I could continue to share how I have watched the Lord, throughout the years, provide for my wife. However, here is my heart on the matter. I have a real tendency to not 'bother' the Lord with such matters. I still walk believing that I can do things in my own strength! I can honestly say that I would not have 'bothered' the Lord with wanting a riding partner. I have a tendecy to take the big things to the Lord, but struggle with solving the little things; a situation at work, for example.

When will I ever learn that there are no 'big' or 'little' things in life. I don't need to be independent of Him. Ever. He wants everything. Lord, please forgive me...

No comments:

Post a Comment